Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sight Word Target Practice

First of all, I need to apologize (hashtag sorrynotsorry) for all of the homeschool posts. This is our life right now! And we are really enjoying it. I love sharing all the ideas I spend hours searching for online, too. Maybe save someone else some time since I'm not saving myself any! :)

Speaking of, I found this sight word game idea on Pinterest awhile ago. The kids love it so I figured I'd share!


Supplies:

  • Paper plates
  • Marker
  • Tape that is safe for whatever surface you plan to use (we used masking tape)
  • List of sight words 
  • Soft ball

Directions:

  • Write a sight word on each plate
  • Tape plates on a wall or door
  • Call out a word and have your kid throw the ball at the word
Marie likes to add a little drama to everything.
Since Jack is not ready to be working on sight words but always wants to join in, Marie will point to a word and tell him what it is. Then he'll throw the ball at it. Marie gets a little extra practice and Jack gets to play! And hopefully he's soaking some of it up!


What sight word games have you been doing?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails