Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp

Strawberry Rhubarb pie is my favorite.

I only learned what rhubarb is last summer, and as homemade pie stresses me out, I've never attempted strawberry rhubarb pie.

Then I found THIS recipe.


What is sad is I saw rhubarb at Kroger the other day and was tempted to buy some with out any idea what to do with it. But I stuck to my list and passed over it. So I ended up making this with just strawberries (like the girl I got this recipe from did). I cannot wait to try it with rhubarb next time!

Here's the super easy instructions:

Ingredients

For Filling:
- 6 medium stalks of rhubarb, cut into half-inch pieces
- 2 cups strawberries, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used almost 3 cups since I didn't have rhubarb)
- 1/2 cup sugar

For Topping:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted (I used about 3/4 of a stick with no problems!)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl mix filling ingredients (strawberries, rhubarb, sugar) and pour into pie or baking dish.
3. In another large bowl, mix flour, oats, sugars, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Add butter and mix til moist crumbs form.
5. Sprinkle over strawberry mixture in pie dish.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes - until rhubarb is tender, juices are bubbling, and topping is golden brown.

7. Serve warm with some vanilla frozen yogurt and thoroughly enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails